Thursday, February 17, 2011

...randomness...attire insights...theme ideas...

So I'm just laying here...trying to keep my mind of the pain in my face and digging through the web for more ideas...this post is likely to bounce around...so...buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride :) enjoy.

Extended Theme Ideas:

I've already mentioned Hollywood...but that's a pretty broad theme...there are so many different aspects we could use, Old Hollywood Glamour...speakeasies and flapper dresses, passwords at the door and gangsters galore.  There's the Hollywood Party scene...black tie affair for the Oscars...

So much to choose from, had to narrow it down to something a little more specific and stick with it since there are so many great ideas to run with.

So far, the idea that has been sticking with us most, is roughly this.  We, Troy and I, are the stars of a movie.  Other actors/actresses are our wedding party, and the officiant.  Our guests are all attending the premier and the reception will be the premier after party...  These kinds of setups, the premier and after party have been part of Hollywood across many decades, so that could open us up to kinda spread throughout time if we so chose...and you'll understand why I like that option when you read about the clothes further on...

Attire Insights:
I stumbled across a costume rental place that had these cool theater/hotel/bar bellhop/concessionaire costumes.

Since one of the ideas we are considering for the ceremony venue is an old school movie theater, I thought I could get a couple people dressed up in this fashion, to hand out the ceremony programs and goodies or something along those lines...they used to pass around cigarettes and candy...ideas ideas ideas... :)  Totally 40's...love it.
 
Gonna have to keep digging and see what other "characters" I can find to star in my production...lol

Feel free to comment and leave some ideas or links to sites you know about...I'm trying to be exhaustive in my research so this all comes off just like we want it to. 




It totally fits with the whole Zoot Suit tux setup :)  If you didn't catch the post about the tuxes on facebook, take this photo below...and swap the black shirt for a white formal tux shirt, and you've pretty much got my groom...switch out the red vest and tie for platinum/silver ones and you'll have the groomsmen...

Oh yeah...top hat...can't forget that...Troy will also be donning a classic black top hat and possibly even a cane, but at this point, these accessories are a grooms thing...to further set himself apart from the rest of the group :)

As for my dress...  When I found this dress, which was before Troy even proposed, I was already thinking about the whole Hollywood thing.  When I saw it, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Gone With The Wind".  While it's not an exact replica or anything, the whole picture just made me think of Scarlett.  The dress, the hair piece, the pose...



While I can't exactly say that my dress is from the 40's era like the rest, some sources say that supposedly the zoot suit, owes it's existence to a custom order that was fashioned after someting Rhett Butler wore in "Gone With The Wind", and there for fits with a dress that for me sad "Scarlett" the moment I saw it.

In any case, if you've not already seen them on my facebook page, here are the pictures I have of the dress...

It has been ordered and paid for, and according to the website, it is currently in the "tailoring" stage.  I will get to see it and try in on in about 4 weeks...of course, for traditions sake, I'll not be widely publicizing pictures of this dress when I am in it.  Troy has seen these pictures, be he isn't allowed to see me in it until the time is appropriate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment